Natural Mosquito Trap!
With all of the rains in the Midwest this Spring, I saw on the news where some experts are saying we could have SUPER SIZED mosquitos this year. Not a good prospect when you want to work in your garden. With that in mind, here's how to make a natural, cheap mosquito trap passed on to me by Mother Reaganite:
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 gram of yeast
- 1 2-liter bottle
- Black electrical tape
How to make it:
1. Cut the plastic bottle in half.
2. Mix brown sugar with hot water. Let cool. When cold, pour in the bottom half of the bottle.
3. Add the yeast. No need to mix. It creates carbon dioxide, which attracts mosquitoes.
4. Place the funnel part, upside down, into the other half of the bottle, taping them together if desired.
5. Wrap the bottle with something black, leaving the top uncovered, and place it outside in an area away from your normal gathering area. (Mosquitoes are also drawn to the color black.)
Change the solution every 2 weeks for continuous control.
Let me know how it works for you!